Bold Words are target Words
Definitions and Samples
- Anticipate v. To think of something that will or might happen in the future
He anticipates his retiring moment by investing money in building a business venture.
- Catastrophic adj. A terrible calamity
Many people in Aceh died in a catastrophic tsunami on December 2004.
- Collide v. To hit something or each other with strong force
My plan to visit Bali collides with a company tour.
- Eruption n. A sudden blow-up
Mountain Tangkuban Parahu released a vigorous eruption and caused death to the local inhabitants in 1829.
- Famine n. A drastic food shortage
The victims caused by a great famine in Russia have reached to 5 million people.
- Flood n. An excessive amount of water covering an area
The cruel flood occurs in the southern area of Bandung yearly.
- Impact n. A powerful influence or effect
His speech’s given an impact on my life.
- Persevere v. To continue doing something even though it’s difficult
I persevere to learn English regularly despite a busy life.
- Plunge v. To fall suddenly from a high place; To drop abruptly in amount
They plunged into cold water from the highness and enjoyed themselves.
- Unleash v. To remove a leash from (an animal) so that it can freely run, attack someone, etc
I unleash my cat from home every evening, so that he can meet and play with his friends freely.