Bold Words are target Words
Definitions and Samples
- Abandon v. To leave a place because of danger
The Chinese families have to abandon their homes because of incessant flood.
- Adversely adv. Negatively; In a harmful way
Living together with a sick member of family may adversely affect one’s health.
- Aggregate adj. Formed by adding together two or more amounts
Parents usually collect aggregate money to aid their families’ life.
- Cultivation n. Preparing the land to grow crops; Improvement for agricultural purposes
A good technology can improve the method of cultivation.
- Fertilize v. To make (soil, land) richer & better able to support plant growth by adding chemicals or a natural substance (such as manure)
The farmer fertilizes the field in order to get a better result of cultivation.
- Intensify v. To become stronger
His spirit towards learning English intensifies his success.
- Irrigation n. The supplying of water to dry land
The lack of water can harm irrigation.
- Obtain v. To gain or get (something) by effort
He obtains a great score by cramming.
- Photosynthesis n. The process by which a green plant turns water & carbon dioxide into food when the plant is exposed to light
Many plants have a capability to do photosynthesis in order to support their lives.
- Precipitation n. Water that falls to the ground as rain, snow, etc
In a desert area, precipitation comes rarely.