Bold Words are target Words
Definitions and Samples
- Adjust v. To change (something) in a minor way so that it works better
My PS3’s joystick works much better now since the buttons have been adjusted.
- Arbitrary adj. Not planned or chosen for a particular reason
My decision to continue studying in Engineering faculty has been arbitrary so now I get little difficulty to get an appropriate job.
- Denominator n. The number in a fraction that’s below the line and that divides the number above the line;
You can divide two numbers easily in a fraction if both the numerator and the denominator are the same.
- Exponentially adv. At a very fast rate
The value of Rupiah has decreased exponentially in the last two decades.
- Infinitesimal adj. Extremely small
I don’t get perfect score since I made several infinitesimal mistakes.
- Maximize v. To increase something as much as possible
Every time I study English, I have to maximize my concentration in order to get the best result.
- Parallel adj. Similar things : a shared quality or characteristic
To make a good essay, the story in it has to be parallel and integrative.
- Proportion n. A part of a whole
The proportion of boys to girls in our class is two to one, it means that there are two boys for each girl in our class.
- Rate n. The cost per unit of a good or service
The rate of increase in prices made it difficult for me to afford basic goods.
- Sequence v. To arrange in succession
You have to sequence the way you finish homework to avoid circuitous result.